© 2017 by Monica Hammond and CuriousCustom.com

  • Grey Facebook Icon

Top 5 Places to Sell Your Art Online

February 6, 2018

 

As an artist, there are many places online to sell your artwork. How you decide where and how to sell your art is up to you, and we've curated a list of some top places and platforms to make your art and services available.

 

Etsy

A global marketplace for art and hand-made goods. Etsy is one of the top-trusted sites on the web, and "top of mind" places to buy art. 

  • Low fees ($0.20 per listing + 3.5% transaction fee)

  • Offer automated communications (especially good for digital downloads)

  • Easy to set up your shop

  • Non-exclusive policy

  • Artist protection

Artfinder

Shop affordable, original art from thousands of independent artists around the world.

  • Reach a global audience of over 500,000 art lovers

  • Take control of your store, your pricing and listings and get performance stats and insights - all completely free!

  • Artfinder takes 33% commission on artwork sales only (leaving you with 67%).

Patreon

Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Think of this like a mix between kickstarter and a subscription service. 

  • Generate recurring monthly revenue

  • Fans pay a monthly price for exclusive content 

  • Artists keep 90% of sales (5% transacation, 5% to Patreon)

Zazzle

Zazzle is a marketplace where you can sell your best custom goods and share the stories behind your creations. 

  • No listing fees

  • Personalized Storefront

  • No middle man (straight from you to the customer)

Saatchi Art

A leading place to sell your art online to a global community. Artists receive 65% on all artwork they sell, no fees, and Saatchi Art handles shipping. 

  • Free to create an account

  • They handle shipping - you only pay for packaging

  • Receive 65% on every artwork sold

  • Non-exclusive policy

  • Artist protection

In a world that's becoming more and more about niche online retailers, all competing with the giant Amazon, it's important to be on as many platforms as possible to expand your reach. Get started on all of these platforms and you'll be on your way to success in now time!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Featured Posts

Why You Should Treat Your Art Like a Business

January 1, 2018

1/1
Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Archive
Please reload

Search By Tags

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square